The NCCEP Board of Directors is excited to announce the new Leadership & Advocacy
Fellowship, starting July 1, 2022. The Fellowship is designed for early-career emergency
physicians passionate about improving emergency medical care in North Carolina.
NCCEP MISSION STATEMENT
To promote excellence in Emergency Medicine and advocate for our emergency care
providers, our patients, and the health of North Carolina.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2022.
The Fellowship will be for one year: July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2023.
Key elements of the NCCEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship:
- Leadership development through mentorship and NCCEP Board of Directors
- Participation in advocacy on behalf of emergency physicians and our patients.
- Establishing relationships with state and national leaders in emergency medicine
and health policy.
CRITERIA FOR FELLOWSHIP ACCEPTANCE
- Current member in good standing of NCCEP.
- Minimum of 3 years of membership in ACEP or EMRA.
- Completed an emergency medicine residency within 10 years or will complete
residency this year. Current final-year EM residents are eligible to apply (Fellowship would start after residency graduation).
- EPs currently doing or planning to do other fellowships are eligible.
- Agree to participate in all elements of the Fellowship, as detailed below.
Fellowship selection is competitive. Applicants will be chosen by the NCCEP Board of Directors based on their contributions to the emergency medicine community and their demonstrated potential for future emergency medicine leadership.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NCCEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellows will participate in the following during their
- Complete a project in coordination with the NCCEP Legislative Committee.
- Attend at least three NCCEP Board of Directors meetings.
- Attend ACEP Council Meeting, 2022.
- Testify at a NC General Assembly hearing.
- Attend ACEP Leadership & Advocacy Conference, 2023.
NCCEP will award a stipend of $1,200 per Fellow.
Leon Adelman, MD, MBA, FACEP
NCCEP Executive Director & Lobbyist
APPLICATION REVIEW PROCESS
The application deadline is May 15, 2022. The NCCEP Board of Directors will choose the
2022-2023 L&A fellows based on a review of the applications. The one-year Fellowship will begin on July 1, 2022.