The NCCEP Board of Directors is excited to announce the continuation of its Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship, starting July 1, 2024. The Fellowship is designed for early-career emergency physicians passionate about improving emergency medical care in North Carolina.
NCCEP Mission Statement
To promote excellence in Emergency Medicine and advocate for our emergency care providers, our patients, and the health of North Carolina.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2024.
The Fellowship will be for one year: July 1, 2024 to June 30, 2025. Key elements of the NCCEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellowship:
- Leadership development through mentorship and NCCEP Board of Directors meeting participation.
- Participation in advocacy on behalf of emergency physicians and our
- Establishing relationships with state and national leaders in emergency medicine and health policy.
- Opportunity to represent North Carolina as an Alternate Councillor at ACEP Council.
Criteria for Fellowship Acceptance
- Current member in good standing of
- Minimum of 3 years of membership in ACEP or
- Completed an emergency medicine residency within 10 years or will complete residency this Current final-year EM residents are eligible to apply (Fellowship would start after residency graduation).
- EPs currently doing or planning to do other fellowships are
- Agree to participate in all elements of the Fellowship, as detailed
Fellowship selection is competitive. Applicants will be chosen by the NCCEP Board of Directors based on their contributions to the emergency medicine community and their demonstrated potential for future emergency medicine leadership.
Roles and Responsibilities
NCCEP Leadership & Advocacy Fellows will participate in the following during their fellowship year:
- Complete a project in coordination with the NCCEP Legislative
- Attend at least three NCCEP Board of Directors
- Testify at a NC General Assembly hearing, if possible.
- Attend the ACEP Leadership & Advocacy Conference, April 14-16, 2024.
- Serve as an Alternate Councillor at the ACEP Council meeting, September 2024. (Fellow may use stipend for travel to Council meeting; otherwise, Fellow is responsible for all travel costs to and from Council meeting.)
- Serve on the panel to select the next year’s Leadership & Advocacy Fellow.
NCCEP will award a stipend of $1,500 per Fellow.
- Fellowship Director
- Fellowship Co-Director
- NCCEP Executive Director & Lobbyist
The application deadline is May 15, 2024. The NCCEP Board of Directors will choose the 2024-2025 L&A fellows based on a review of the applications. The one-year Fellowship will begin on July 1, 2024.